Azure IoT Edge Module Setup
This setup empowers users to run ClearBlade Edge as an IoT Edge Module on Azure IoT Edge. It consists of the following simple steps to get going:
- Create a developer account
- Introduction to ClearBlade
- Create an empty system
- Create an edge in the system
- Copy the Edge Config Data
- Deploy the Edge
Deploy the Edge on Azure
If user does not have device setup, then user can follow the instructions on Azure to deploy the Iot Edge & its modules on a virtual machine.
- Click here to go to ClearBlade IoT Edge Module on [Azure Market Place]()
- Click “Get it now” action button on Azure Marketplace which redirects to the deployment page
- In the “Deployment Modules Section”, click the “configure” button which opens the custom configuration option
- Replace the following placeholders in the Container Create Options. Note: Developer must have an Edge already created in their ClearBlade System.
The values for developer’s system specific edge can be found by following the CREATE section in the tutorial instructions here.
After updating the createOptions, click deploy to Azure IoT Edge Device.
If the user creates & deploys the Iot Edge Hub on a VM then,
sudo docker psshould list the running containers.
ClearBladeIoTEdgePlatformis the name of the container, the user should be looking for.
To have persistent database for the edge, user can update the configuration options for the ClearBlade IoT Edge Module deployment to add more flags to docker command, based on Dockerized ClearBlade Readme